CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 6, 2008

Fun, Silly, and Sweet

So I hope all of you had a good weekend. I sure did!!! I went to Canton with a group of friends on Friday and came home Sunday. The break was really needed and lots of fun. We laughed and relaxed and just enjoyed each other's company. SO FUN!!!

While I was away Kort and his Step Dad Gene stayed here with the kids. They had a good time as well. It is always fun for the kids to stay up late have friends over and get doughnuts for breakfast Sat. and Sun. morning!! Talk about sugar rush!!

I guess the kids missed me though because they were so happy to see me. Kade was SO cute he ran to the door saying, " I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU MOMMY!!!" so darn sweet!! Then the rest of the day they both were hanging on one of my legs and the signs of lack of sleep were showing in their whining voices, so WELCOME HOME!! It is always good to get away but good to come home to kids who miss you.

I also am EXCITED to tell you that my sister Ashlei and brother-n-law Brian had a precious baby boy Dawson on Thursday Oct. 2. He is just perfect and healthy. I am so sad I can't be there to kiss his baby toes but I hope to see him soon.
I also wanted to pass on my conversation I had with Kade last night. I am going to do better about keeping up with those silly and sweet things these crazy kids say.
So I was sitting in the rocking chair with Kade getting him ready for sleepy sleep, and just talking and rocking....


Me- "Where's my baby boy?"
Kade- "RIGHT HERE" (while pointing to his chest)
Me-"Right there?....What's your name?"
Kade- "K-K (what I call him)....I 2,....um 11, 13"
Me-"OHH, your 2, 11, 13?"
Kade- "Yep!"
Me-"Where's your Mommy"
Kade-"She's lost"
Then he pulled my shirt over my face and said "See, she's lost!"
WE both just laughed and laughed, then he said "I SO SILLY"!
He is so funny and makes me just crack up all the time.










Here are some pictures of Kade on his new "bike" that he will not let anyone even touch one working on his bike and one of a sad boy when sister bothers him. This hiding his face is his new thing when he is crying! OHH BOY!

Have a great week! XOXOXO

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Any good buys in Canton? That is something I definitely miss! The kiddos are just precious! That new little nephew is absolutely adorable as well! Take Care! Love, Jamie

Unknown said...

I love your mommy adventure stories. I don't have kids at home, so it sure is nice to see what I'm missing out on, haha!I love the pictures that go along with it too since I am a visual person. Thanks for taking the time to share your stories with us and I look forward to reading more in the near future, Luv, grace

Janessa said...

Love your blog, Mandi! I can't believe Kade is talking and cracking jokes already! They grow up too, too fast. Luke started crawling a few weeks ago and is into everything. Can you believe that? It was just yesterday you came and visited us at the hosptial. We should get together soon - we miss you! Janessa